Be Killing Sin: Part 3
Be Killing Sin, part 3
A. WHY SHOULD WE KILL SIN?
Sin will always be with us
Sin will constantly be active within us
Sin, if left alone, will take more and more ground
God gives His Spirit for the very purpose that we kill our sin
2 Peter 1.2-4
- To neglect this work of killing sin is to impede the work of God's grace
1 Peter 1.22-2.3
- It is our duty to always be growing in grace
1 Peter 2.2-5
B. HOW SHOULD WE KILL SIN?
by God's Spirit!
- Only God's Spirit will make the work of killing sin work
- God's Spirit will do this by working in us what is contrary to our sin
- God's Spirit will do this by bringing us into fellowship with Christ
|Date||Jun 17, 2012|
|Bible Text||Romans 8:12-13|