Gregg Allison- Embodied: Living as Whole People in a Fractured World
Series Equipping You in Grace Video
On today's Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave and Dr. Gregg Allison discuss our approach to discipleship and human embodiment, how Christians should respond to issues related to gender, along with his book, Embodied: Living as Whole People in a Fractured World (Baker Books, 2021).
What you'll hear in this episode
• How human embodiment can help us become more connected with God and His design for mankind
• How our interpretation of body image affects our relationship with God.
• How Christians should respond to issues related to gender in our culture.
• How the Incarnation instructs us about our existence as embodied people.
• Our responsibility as image-bearers to care for our bodies.
• How our physical body relates to worship.
About the Guest
Gregg R. Allison (PhD, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School) is professor of Christian theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the author of many books, including 50 Core Truths of the Christian Faith, The Baker Compact Dictionary of Theological Terms, Historical Theology: An Introduction to Christian Doctrine, and Sojourners and Strangers: The Doctrine of the Church. He serves as secretary of the Evangelical Theological Society and is a book review editor for the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society. Gregg is also a pastor of Sojourn Community Church.
|Date||May 24, 2021|