God doesn't simply have more wisdom than anyone else. Wisdom is simply the word we use for the way God thinks and does things.
His way is woven into creation, so weave it into yourself.
You will either fear God, who brings judgment, or you will fear the judgment God brings.
As we continue in this chapter of comparison, we observe a comparison between the works of the foolish and wise. When one is not sure about another's words, we must look at their works to help us better understand what they are all about.
In an age of information overload, people can struggle with their beliefs and actions. Still, the faithful believer must be sure of theirs because God's Word will often contradict conventional wisdom. Join co hosts Andrea Schwartz and Dr Roberts as they bring the Wisdom of God's Law Word to bear on the wisdom of the age. Used with permission from the Chalcedon Foundation.
We take a moment to discuss the 2 1/2 years of Proverb devotionals, how to sign up for notifications (and help others sign up) with a reminder that the wise will receive Biblical counsel and wisdom, beginning with the Biblical Gospel of Salvation.
You can now listen to this episode on Spotify!
Make sure to follow us on Spotify to get notified when great content like this and more are posted.
If you would like to visit us, our services begin at 9 am every Sunday at the following address:
8 Appollo Rd, Elfindale, Cape Town
Using both law and gospel, the apostle Paul seeks to lift our gaze above this world, and even above the leaders and the ministry in the church, that we might look to Christ and pursue the mind of Christ. For when we look to Christ and we see the wealth of riches and resources found in him, we won't have time or the care for the petty divisions that often turn the church inside out.
"And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.
And those officers provided victual for king Solomon, and for all that came unto king Solomon's table, every man in his month: they lacked nothing.
Barley also and straw for the horses and dromedaries brought they unto the place where the officers were, every man according to his charge.
And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore."
1 Kings 4:26-29
What does the prophecy in Isaiah 7 really mean when Isaiah speaks of a son being born to a virgin and His name being Immanuel? This incredible prophecy points towards God doing something miraculous and supernatural on behalf of His people. While the prophecy is meant to comfort the remnant of God, it also serves as judgment to those who deny Him.
What does Christmas mean to you? In our culture, Christmas is a conglomeration of mixed beliefs and traditions. But what should Christmas mean to us? As we open our Advent series, we turn to a Messianic prophecy in Isaiah. Who is the Branch of Jesse and why should it matter to us? As we move through this holiday season, will you see Christmas for what it really is?
Christians have no basis to boast in themselves but have every reason to boast in the Lord Jesus who provides gracious salvation to them. Many problems in the church and culture can be solved by a healthy dose of humility before God and others.
Have You Ever Wondered?
Have you ever wondered what God's love, wisdom, grace, and His Son have in common?
Have you ever wondered how it is that what they have in common should affect our view and value on everything?
Let's look in the word and talk about it.
May these truths equip you with a discerning mind, courageous heart, and a tender spirit for His work and your race.
A few bullet points from the transcription of this message.
• Personalizing the Gospel and living by God's words.
◦ Pastor Nick Holden emphasizes the importance of personalizing the Gospel and reasoning from the Scriptures to make it clear and dear to believers' hearts.
• The importance of selfless love.
◦ Paul emphasizes that not all love is equal, and the wrong kind of love can have severe consequences.
◦ He uses hypothetical scenarios to illustrate that even with great gifts like prophecy, knowledge, and faith, without the right kind of love, it's all meaningless.
◦ Pastor Nick emphasizes the importance of understanding God's definition of love, rather than relying on personal interpretations.
◦ He encourages listeners to seek God's truth and wisdom to see things from His perspective, rather than their own.
◦ Love that never fails is rooted in God and manifested through Christ, rejoicing in truth rather than evil.
• Wisdom and love in the Bible.
◦ God describes wisdom as excellent and right things that come from His lips, tied to love and divine characteristics.
◦ Wisdom and love cannot rejoice in iniquity or wickedness, they are an abomination to both.
• Grace, iniquity, and living a godly life…
#nestingwithjesus #acts5and20 #james3 #1thessalonians1 #1thessalonians2 #1corinthians
Learning Who and How to Fight
Yes, don't be caught off guard, blindsided or unaware…
Self (flesh) — Mortify
Society's System— Hate
Satan — Resist
And as brother James reminds us:
"But He gives MORE grace. [This is] why He said, God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6).
(2 Corinthians 4:7-18 ; 12:7-10 ; James 4:6-10 ; Romans 5:1-5 ; 1 Peter 1:6-9 and 5:5-11 ; Titus 2:11-14)
A few bullet points from the transcription of this message.
• Spiritual condition and cancer diagnosis.
◦ Pastor Nick Holden shared his personal experience with cancer and how it revealed a deeper spiritual condition, using the analogy of a blood test to illustrate the importance of self-examination.
◦ Brother Holden and his friends discussed the idea of corruption and how it affects us all, with Holden sharing his own struggles with a blood disorder and the importance of seeking God's glory in our lives.
◦ Pastor Nick discusses interacting with people while out and about, and how he prefers to engage with others rather than being on his phone.
• Humility and submission in Christian life.
◦ Pastor Nick emphasizes the importance of being under orders and working together in harmony, with humility and meekness, to fulfill one's assignment.
◦ James encourages younger people to submit themselves to their elders and work together in unity, with humility and teachability, to fulfill their assignments…
#nestingwithjesus #james #james4 #1peter5 #resist #mortify #hate #pride #self #flesh #world #satan #proverbs3 #grace #redeeminggrace #agendaofgrace #schoolofgrace #humblinghearts #knockingdownwalls #settingsinnersfree #moregrace #greatgrace #walls #glory
God graciously provided peace, security, and wealth for Solomon and the people of Isarel so that they could refelect His glory and establish His worship in Jerusalem through the building of the Temple. He often does the same for His Chruch.