A Redemption Story
Trusting God and leaning on Him for strength.
◦ Pastor Nick Holden reflects on God's guidance and trust in His leading, rather than relying on own strength.
◦ Society today is similar to ancient times, where people are disregarding lives and allowing injustices to occur.
• Biblical history and personal experiences.
◦ Pastor Nick expresses gratitude for law enforcement while acknowledging the potential for harm to officers during a trail ride.
◦ Brother Holden mentions a connection between a famine and people leaving their homes, with adding that they went to Moab, a forbidden place.
◦ Pastor Nick highlights the losses that occurred when they left, including the loss of fellowship, intimacy, and focus on magnifying God, as well as financial and emotional struggles.
• Biblical character Boaz and his actions towards a young woman in need.
◦ Boaz blesses the young woman Ruth, symbolizing Jesus' rescue and covering over of believers.
#nestingwithjesus #ruth #ruth1 #ruth2 #judges #deuteronomy25 #leviticus25 #deuteronomy28 #deuteronomy28and47 #luke9 #luke9and57thru62 #adiamondintherough #everythingforeverything #apearl #ajewel #aheroicchampion #naomi #naomiandruth #elimelech #mahlon #chilion #bethlehem #judah #moab #orpah #ruthandorpah #famine #kinsmanredeemer #storyofredemption #Jesus
Everything for Everything
Ruth's loyalty and God's favor.
◦ Ruth's story highlights God's rescue and redemption of a Moabite woman, despite cultural and religious barriers.
◦ Naomi's loyalty and submission to her mother-in-law, Ruth, led to God's favor and blessing in their lives.
◦ Ruth's character of being pleasant and loyal to Naomi resulted in her elevation before others, despite having nothing to give but herself.
• Biblical names and famines.
◦Pastor Nick Holden emphasizes the importance of humility and becoming a friend to God in times of trial, using Ruth as an example.
◦ The name Elimelech means "My God is King," and Bethlehem means "House of Bread," offering insights into the spiritual themes present in the story.
◦ Brother Holden discusses the importance of remembering God's goodness and greatness during times of famine, citing the example of Joseph and Pharaoh in Genesis 41.
◦ Pastor Nick notes that forgetfulness can spike during times of famine, leading people to forget the goodness and greatness of God.
◦ Joseph warns Pharaoh of famine's devastating effects on memory and faith.
• God's goodness and faithfulness in the face of drought and famine.
◦ Boaz reminds Ruth of God's goodness and providence in their lives, despite their current circumstances…
#nestingwithjesus #ruth #ruth1 #judges #deuteronomy11 ##deuteronomy28 #deuteronomy28and47 #luke9 #luke9and57thru62 #adiamondintherough #everythingforeverything #apearl #ajewel #aheroicchampion #naomi #naomiandruth #elimelech #mahlon #chilion #bethlehem #judah #moab #orpah #ruthandorpah #famine #bread #drought #kinsmanredeemer #storyofredemption #Jesus
How is the principle of contra-deserved mercy displayed in history? Romans 9:24–29 prepares us for the sermon in the midweek prayer meeting. In these six verses of Holy Scripture, the Holy Spirit teaches us that the principle of contra-deserved mercy is displayed both in how the Lord saves Gentiles and in how the Lord saves Jews.
Peter calls upon God's people to "consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation." God's patience lies behind the saving favour that every child of God enjoys and will enjoy. Here we think about the patience God shows before someone becomes a Christian, when they are becoming a Christian, and after they have become a Christian. Such contemplations fill the heart of a child of God with humble wonder, and—far from inciting the wicked to indulge their sin—should be the very thing which draw sinners to repent.
"And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.
And those officers provided victual for king Solomon, and for all that came unto king Solomon's table, every man in his month: they lacked nothing.
Barley also and straw for the horses and dromedaries brought they unto the place where the officers were, every man according to his charge.
And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore."
1 Kings 4:26-29
#2134- KJV- Isaiah 9:8-21
8 The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.
9 And all the people shall know, even Ephraim and the inhabitant of Samaria, that say in the pride and stoutness of heart,
10 The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.
11 Therefore the Lord shall set up the adversaries of Rezin against him, and join his enemies together;
12 The Syrians before, and the Philistines behind; and they shall devour Israel with open mouth. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
13 For the people turneth not unto him that smiteth them, neither do they seek the Lord of hosts.
14 Therefore the Lord will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day.
15 The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.
16 For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.
17 Therefore the Lord shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their fatherless and widows: for every one is an hypocrite and an evildoer, and every mouth speaketh folly. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
18 For wickedness burneth as the fire: it shall devour the briers and thorns, and shall kindle in the thickets of the forest, and they shall mount up like the lifting up of smoke.
19 Through the wrath of the Lord of hosts is the land darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother.
20 And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the...
Title: "What Will I See In Heaven "
This passage teaches that heaven is a very real place, for all redeemed people to live for eternity. After all, everything in our spiritual life and destiny is in heaven , therefore, we ought to know a little bit about this wonderful place. John begins to describe heaven in this chapter and finishes it out in the next chapter.