A Redemption Story
Trusting God and leaning on Him for strength.
◦ Pastor Nick Holden reflects on God's guidance and trust in His leading, rather than relying on own strength.
◦ Society today is similar to ancient times, where people are disregarding lives and allowing injustices to occur.
• Biblical history and personal experiences.
◦ Pastor Nick expresses gratitude for law enforcement while acknowledging the potential for harm to officers during a trail ride.
◦ Brother Holden mentions a connection between a famine and people leaving their homes, with adding that they went to Moab, a forbidden place.
◦ Pastor Nick highlights the losses that occurred when they left, including the loss of fellowship, intimacy, and focus on magnifying God, as well as financial and emotional struggles.
• Biblical character Boaz and his actions towards a young woman in need.
◦ Boaz blesses the young woman Ruth, symbolizing Jesus' rescue and covering over of believers.
#nestingwithjesus #ruth #ruth1 #ruth2 #judges #deuteronomy25 #leviticus25 #deuteronomy28 #deuteronomy28and47 #luke9 #luke9and57thru62 #adiamondintherough #everythingforeverything #apearl #ajewel #aheroicchampion #naomi #naomiandruth #elimelech #mahlon #chilion #bethlehem #judah #moab #orpah #ruthandorpah #famine #kinsmanredeemer #storyofredemption #Jesus
Here we have a study tied to a monthly gathering in which those who have suffered spiritual abuse find support and healing. We talk, pray, share communion, and study the letter to the Ephesians. In this lesson, we learn the source of our power to love, as Christ loved. The end result of the gospel is a people who persevere in their first love.
We will look at the last three verses in chapter two, three verses that are crucial in our relationship with Jesus Christ. As we study these three verses, they may generate some uneasiness, and if they do, that is a good thing, because it is fruitful to use Scripture to examine ourselves and our relationship with Jesus
Christ from time-to-time
We take a moment to discuss the 2 1/2 years of Proverb devotionals, how to sign up for notifications (and help others sign up) with a reminder that the wise will receive Biblical counsel and wisdom, beginning with the Biblical Gospel of Salvation.
Why did Jesus Come?
John 18:33-38 " Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?
34 ¶ Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
35 ¶ Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
36 ¶ Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
37 ¶ Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
38 ¶ Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all."