On today's Equipping You in Grace show, Dave talks with Todd Nye about the issue of sexual abuse in our churches and outside of it, how the Church should address it biblically, theologically, ethically, and pastorally, along with help for biblical counselors counseling victims of sexual abuse, and his new book, The Gospel and Sexual Abuse: A Healing Balm for Bruised Bodies, Battered Minds, and Broken Hearts (G3 Press, 2023), among other topics on this new episode.
What you'll hear in this episode
• The four-stage process of dealing with accusations Jesus gave the Church.
• The role of pastors and elders in dealing with sexual abuse and reporting it.
• The role church discipline plays in sexual abuse.
• Why every elder board needs to have a policy on sexual abuse undergirded by sound theology.
• Why the gospel provides a better answer than the world's answer on sexual abuse.
• How Christians can apply the healing balm of the gospel to those who have experienced sexual abuse.
• Help for biblical counselors on counseling those who have experienced sexual abuse.
About Today's Guest
T. Samuel Nye has served as a pastor for over twenty years and currently travels as an itinerate minister.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
A Diamond in the Rough
• Financial struggles and God's faithfulness in a church. 0:00
◦ Pastor Nick Holden expresses gratitude for support and encourages congregation to return after financial struggles.
◦ Pastor Nick shares their experience of being in the Navy and leaving for long periods of time, but always making it a priority to come home and provide for their family.
◦ Brother Holden's wife was in a car accident and had no vehicle or cash flow, but God provided and was faithful to them both.
• The book of Ruth and its message of redemption. 4:18
◦ Pastor Nick emphasizes the importance of sharing the message of Jesus Christ with others, citing the example of Ruth in the book of Ruth.
◦ Pastor encourages listeners to revisit older teachings on the website, including messages from 2009, to find blessings and inspiration in sharing the message of Christ with others.
◦ Brother Holden discusses the book of Ruth and its prophetic picture of redemption through the lineage of King David.
◦ Pastor Nick highlights the dysfunctional family dynamics in the book, but emphasizes that God does not hide these truths and uses them to illustrate eternal revelations and truths…
#nestingwithjesus #ruth #ruth1 #judges #deuteronomy11 ##deuteronomy28 #deuteronomy28and47 #luke9 #luke9and57thru62 #adiamondintherough #diamondsintherough #apearl #ajewel #aheroicchampion #naomi #naomiandruth #elimelech #mahlon #chilion #bethlehem #judah #moab #orpah #ruthandorpah #famine #bread #drought #kinsmanredeemer #storyofredemption #Jesus
During this year's Christmas season we are going to look at the four different accounts of Christ's birth. Each has something to add to our understanding. Some by what they say, sometimes by what they don't say. Join us today as we look at John's gospel and the coming of the Word.