Have You Ever Wondered?
Have you ever wondered what God's love, wisdom, grace, and His Son have in common?
Have you ever wondered how it is that what they have in common should affect our view and value on everything?
Let's look in the word and talk about it.
May these truths equip you with a discerning mind, courageous heart, and a tender spirit for His work and your race.
A few bullet points from the transcription of this message.
• Personalizing the Gospel and living by God's words.
◦ Pastor Nick Holden emphasizes the importance of personalizing the Gospel and reasoning from the Scriptures to make it clear and dear to believers' hearts.
• The importance of selfless love.
◦ Paul emphasizes that not all love is equal, and the wrong kind of love can have severe consequences.
◦ He uses hypothetical scenarios to illustrate that even with great gifts like prophecy, knowledge, and faith, without the right kind of love, it's all meaningless.
◦ Pastor Nick emphasizes the importance of understanding God's definition of love, rather than relying on personal interpretations.
◦ He encourages listeners to seek God's truth and wisdom to see things from His perspective, rather than their own.
◦ Love that never fails is rooted in God and manifested through Christ, rejoicing in truth rather than evil.
• Wisdom and love in the Bible.
◦ God describes wisdom as excellent and right things that come from His lips, tied to love and divine characteristics.
◦ Wisdom and love cannot rejoice in iniquity or wickedness, they are an abomination to both.
• Grace, iniquity, and living a godly life…
#nestingwithjesus #acts5and20 #james3 #1thessalonians1 #1thessalonians2 #1corinthians
Title: "What Will I See In Heaven "
This passage teaches that heaven is a very real place, for all redeemed people to live for eternity. After all, everything in our spiritual life and destiny is in heaven , therefore, we ought to know a little bit about this wonderful place. John begins to describe heaven in this chapter and finishes it out in the next chapter.
The Reformations of the 16th century was no less than the rebirth and resurrection of the church of Jesus Christ from false doctrine that laid an impossible burden on people and robbed christ of his glory as the all sufficent Savior of sinners through personal faith in him. The recovery of key doctrine is expressed in later adopted mottos of the five solas- Scripture alone, Grace aloe, faith alone, Christ alone for the glory of God alone.
Learning Who and How to Fight
Yes, don't be caught off guard, blindsided or unaware…
Self (flesh) — Mortify
Society's System— Hate
Satan — Resist
And as brother James reminds us:
"But He gives MORE grace. [This is] why He said, God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6).
(2 Corinthians 4:7-18 ; 12:7-10 ; James 4:6-10 ; Romans 5:1-5 ; 1 Peter 1:6-9 and 5:5-11 ; Titus 2:11-14)
A few bullet points from the transcription of this message.
• Spiritual condition and cancer diagnosis.
◦ Pastor Nick Holden shared his personal experience with cancer and how it revealed a deeper spiritual condition, using the analogy of a blood test to illustrate the importance of self-examination.
◦ Brother Holden and his friends discussed the idea of corruption and how it affects us all, with Holden sharing his own struggles with a blood disorder and the importance of seeking God's glory in our lives.
◦ Pastor Nick discusses interacting with people while out and about, and how he prefers to engage with others rather than being on his phone.
• Humility and submission in Christian life.
◦ Pastor Nick emphasizes the importance of being under orders and working together in harmony, with humility and meekness, to fulfill one's assignment.
◦ James encourages younger people to submit themselves to their elders and work together in unity, with humility and teachability, to fulfill their assignments…
#nestingwithjesus #james #james4 #1peter5 #resist #mortify #hate #pride #self #flesh #world #satan #proverbs3 #grace #redeeminggrace #agendaofgrace #schoolofgrace #humblinghearts #knockingdownwalls #settingsinnersfree #moregrace #greatgrace #walls #glory
What goes into believers' plans and greetings? Titus 3:12–15 prepares us for the second serial reading in public worship on the Lord's Day. In these four verses of Holy Scripture, the Holy Spirit teaches us that believers humbly see their neediness and seek/accept help, but also rejoice at opportunities to be used by Christ to meet others' needs
Preparing himself for worship, David takes time to think through the many blessings God has given. He moves from the greater to the lesser, from the salvation of the soul to the provision for life in this world.
Depending and Drawing on the Wisdom of God
• God's Goodness and Preservation.
◦ Pastor Nick Holden and Shannon Ryals share testimonies of God's goodness and provision in their lives.
◦ Pastor Nick encourages others to testify and share their own experiences of God's blessings.
◦ Pastor emphasizes the importance of God's goodness and grace in our lives, and how it's not our own goodness that keeps us but God's goodness in us (Psalm 16).
◦ He contrasts the saints of God who have God's goodness in them with those who serve other gods and emphasizes his desire to invest his time with the believers, God's portion and inheritance.
• Trusting God's goodness in difficult times.
◦ Pastor Nick reflects on God's goodness and counsel in his life, drawing on biblical verses and personal experiences to encourage others to seek God's guidance and presence in their own lives.
◦ Pastor Nick emphasizes the importance of God's written word on our hearts, which can be drawn upon in times of need, and how this has helped him navigate difficult seasons in his life.
◦ Pastor discusses Psalm 119:49-11, connecting David's body not seeing corruption to Jesus' resurrection (Psalm 16 and Acts 2:25-28).
• Trusting God's goodness and resisting evil.
◦ Pastor Nick encourages listeners to trust in God's goodness and advance His kingdom, resisting evil and dwelling in His presence.
◦ Pastor Nick Holden encourages listeners to seek God's guidance and wisdom in the face of life's conflicts and challenges.
• James 3:13-18 and wisdom.
◦ James writes to Jewish believers, emphasizing practical obedience to God.
◦ The pastor emphasizes validating faith through actions, not just words.
Poisons and Antidotes of Effective Living
A look at the things that Help or Hurt our Witness and Work from Paul's letter to the Philippians.
11.26.2023 pm service at Briggs Chapel
What are some of the things that HINDER our witness and work?
What are some of the things that will HELP AND AID our witness and work?
An Overview of Philippians
Triumphal in many things, even good things, but not in the excellent thing. Philippians 1
***1. Triumphal and growing in the ability to discern the excellent thing. Philippians 1
Temporary thoughts on life and death. Philippians 1:
***2. Properly reflect on Christ at work in us and what is to come through life and in death. Philippians 1:
Terror of being rejected and persecuted for living heavenly-minded lives. Philippians 1
***3. Recognize the blessings of persecution and how it manifests believers and unbelievers that the threats of others do not make us defensive. Philippians 1
Taking more Concern and Care of Ourselves and missing the example of Jesus. Philippians 2
***4. Dying to self-interest and the need to demand the right to be treated fairly, rightly and honorably because we are believers — looking to the example of Jesus, who didn't consider Himself cheated when others didn't see and exalt Him for who He is. Philippians 2
More in comments…
Who and What makes a difference in our witness and work?
#nestingwithjesus #philippians1 #acts16 #philippians1and9thru11 #knowinglove #growinglove #expandinglove #stretchedlove #wiselove #love
#grace #mega #megagrace #greatgrace #jesus #crucifiedlife #greatexpectation