We see Joseph endure trials and temptation beyond what most of us will ever have to endure and, yet, he is a type and shadow of one who endured much WORSE in the person of Jesus Christ! Being reminded of this is a source of encouragement to us and a reminder of His great love.
Also Reference: Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 12:1-3
A Redemption Story
Trusting God and leaning on Him for strength.
◦ Pastor Nick Holden reflects on God's guidance and trust in His leading, rather than relying on own strength.
◦ Society today is similar to ancient times, where people are disregarding lives and allowing injustices to occur.
• Biblical history and personal experiences.
◦ Pastor Nick expresses gratitude for law enforcement while acknowledging the potential for harm to officers during a trail ride.
◦ Brother Holden mentions a connection between a famine and people leaving their homes, with adding that they went to Moab, a forbidden place.
◦ Pastor Nick highlights the losses that occurred when they left, including the loss of fellowship, intimacy, and focus on magnifying God, as well as financial and emotional struggles.
• Biblical character Boaz and his actions towards a young woman in need.
◦ Boaz blesses the young woman Ruth, symbolizing Jesus' rescue and covering over of believers.
#nestingwithjesus #ruth #ruth1 #ruth2 #judges #deuteronomy25 #leviticus25 #deuteronomy28 #deuteronomy28and47 #luke9 #luke9and57thru62 #adiamondintherough #everythingforeverything #apearl #ajewel #aheroicchampion #naomi #naomiandruth #elimelech #mahlon #chilion #bethlehem #judah #moab #orpah #ruthandorpah #famine #kinsmanredeemer #storyofredemption #Jesus
In this chapter you will learn about the foundation for marriage. The Bible is very clear in who you are to marry. We are not to be unequally yoked. Is the man you want to marry really Godly? God knows. It is important to be asking God for direction and follow His leading.
In chapter 7 you will learn the importance of have a daily devotional life with God for developing intimacy with Him. It is important that we spend time with God alone in our secret place. That is where we can share our heart and soul with Him.
In Chapter six, you will learn about the importance of having fellowship with other believers. It is important that we have relationships with strong believers. It is also important that we share our faith. God will bring people into our lives that we are to share with to encourage in their walk with God or even lead them to salvation.
In chapter 11, you will learn the importance of having the right priorities, goals, and use of time in your life. One of the many attacks of the enemy is that we are distracted from what really matters. We can be too busy as a mom and wife.
In another type or shadow of the life of Jesus in the account of Joseph in Genesis, we see them both falsely accused and arrested but also both maintaining Biblical character throughout.
Also Reference: Proverbs 7:22, Genesis 19:15-18. Matthew 26:60-61, John 2:19, John 2:20-21, Genesis 2:17, Genesis 3:4, Matthew 26:50, James 4:10 (see also Matthew 4 and Luke 4)
God's very last words concerning creation in Genesis 2:25 say, The man and his wife were both naked and not ashamed. Genesis chapter 3 recounts that that this very good condition was lost in the fall. So the question is, "Is there a way back to naked and not ashamed in marriage?" The answer is yes, through the gospel. God has given us two places on this earth where we might be naked and not ashamed. First in the presence of the Lord, and second in our marriage - and both come by grace alone. Our marriages must be a place of grace.
In our growing list of types and shadows of the life of Jesus found in the life of Joseph as given in the Book of Genesis, we see both being tempted to betray "one greater" and to sin against God.
Also Reference: Genesis 39:8-10, John 20:17, Colossians 2:17
Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.
For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.
Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table.
Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD.
The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life.
Yea, thou shalt see thy children's children, and peace upon Israel.